Today we had a chat about the kind of community we wanted to be. Lots of stuff came out of it:
- We wanted to be a community on the move – we were on wheels!
- We wanted to be a community that cared for the environment – we had solar panels and allotment type gardens.
- We wanted to be a community that was relevant to its surroundings – we had the Kidsgrove railways and canals.
- We wanted to be a community that looked like it belonged to this century – we had flashing lights, screens and impressive sound systems.
- We wanted to be a church where we could jump up and land on our heads – granted that was the young ‘ens takin’ bout’ a den with a crash mat (but I quite like the idea of a church where we can jump up, land on our heads and feel safe!!!)
There was tons more stuff that was spoken but could never be recorded; and, in the end, the process was far more important than the result …. but the question remains ….
If you could create a church from scratch, from a blank piece of paper ….. what would it look like? Where would you begin?
Oh …. and we also built a den!